There are many great recipes online for green mango salad, this is how I make mine. Sometimes the mangoes are ripe and it’s still pretty good. If you have a peanut allergy, use almonds (I’ve used raw almonds in this salad before and it was great).
1-2 Large green Mangoes
1 Medium Carrot
Salad leaves (optional)
½ cup Fresh Mint leaves
¼- ½ cup Spring Onions, or 1 small onion (red onion works really nicely)
Bean sprouts (optional)
1/2 cup Peanuts
2 tablespoon desiccated Coconut (dried coconut), roasted
3 tablespoon Soy Sauce (Or sesame/ grape seed oil plus 1/2 teaspoon salt)
3 tablespoon Lime or lemon juice (I mostly use lemon, because it’s cheaper)
1 tablespoon agave, honey or brown sugar (or a few drops of stevia).
1 teaspoon Hot Sauce (or a 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon cayenne/red pepper)
- Roast the coconut.(In a sauce pan on the stove, stir occasionally, until brown.)
- Chop the leaves and mint and put into a salad bowl.
- Peel and coarsely grate, or chop the carrot and mangoes and add to leaves.
- Chop the onion / spring onions and add.
- Add bean sprouts and peanuts.
- Blend/ Mix the dressing ingredients together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix everything through.
- Sprinkle the roasted coconut over the salad.
©lowercase v 2017